Saturday, May 5, 2012

Packing




I have been piling things up for months on the couch and chair in our bedroom.  I have slowly been organizing it, trying to shrink it, compact it, lighten it.  But it grew and grew until it was overwhelming.  I have to keep my larger suitcase that I plan on checking under 44 pounds for the in China flights and this was proving to be a chore. 

I tackled it this morning and think I have it under control!
The suitcase on the chair is all Phoebe's.  All that stuff on the couch still needs to fit in that suitcase. 
(or Micki's suitcase, so I hope she saves me some room!)

^^^That is all I am taking!

I have every  OTC medicine for every illness I could think of.  I have 4 prescriptions from my doctor.  Please please let me remember to not open my mouth in the shower!  Every eating utensil needs to be boiled after washing. 

In a crazy moment I ordered 20 rolls of Charmin-to-go from Amazon because they don't supply toilet paper in these:

Squatty Potty
Very happy that these are only in public places. 
Our hotels are very Westernized and luxurious, with all of the comforts home.

So, I think I am packed! 
I have a VPN (virtual private network) loaded onto my laptop.  All social sites are blocked in China like Facebook and Blogger and I cannot live without those.  We will use Skype and Facetime to communicate easily.
I still have a laptop, Kindle, gigantic heavy document file folder filled with adoption paperwork, and a few other things to pack in my carry-ons.  If I forget anything, there is a Walmart close to our hotel.  Can't even escape that store on the other side of the world.







2 comments:

  1. You crack me up! Sounds a little bit over the top to me, but you'll definitely be prepared!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You better be right there to pull me out when I fall in the potty hole!!!!

    ReplyDelete