Monday, May 14, 2012

Day 3

Today I adopted Phoebe.  She is our baby. 
All ready for a long day of meetings

Morning nap on the bus to the Notary and Civil Affairs Office

The Assistant Director of Phoebe's orphanage was there.  She and Phoebe were so happy to see one another.  Kisses and smiles

The Director of Yugan was there, too. 
  
She hugged her for a long time and gave me a card with her email address on it so that I may send her photos and updates on Phoebe.  I promised I would.  I could not thank her enough as she left.  I had my hand on my heart and she placed her hand on hers.  We did not need to speak the same language to understand that we both love her so much.

I swore to love and protect her, to never abandon her and to send her to college :)

Next stop was a second government office for another interview and to apply for her visa.  That is our guide, Michael, next to me, who is doing an amazing job of making everything run smoothly and successfully.


Another bus nap.  Such a big day for a baby who has not experienced or seen very much in her life.

We ended the day with smiles.  Not a tear was shed today.  All giggles and happiness, even during another parting from her loved ones.  She is very behind in her physical development but she is so curious and communicates wonderfully with us.  She is talking to us with litte noises and loves her new toys.  She is snuggly and sweet. 


7 comments:

  1. What an adventure! She looks so healthy and happy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations! It looks like you had the Civil Affairs office to yourselves!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love waking to this wonderful on going story. You have been so blessed. Had to giggle at all the pink! I know this has been a long process but your smile tells us it was more than worth it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is so much more FUN than giving birth, isn't it? I am reliving every moment that you are going through and loving it! Wonder if you got the question we got at the civil office: "Is this child acceptable to you?" Seemed ridiculous at the time since your are already hopelessly in LOVE.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations!!! So excited for you! I'm so glad you could meet her nanny, too. What a special moment.

    Based on the experience of friends with older babies from China, she'll catch up on her physical development in no time!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is so overwhelming. (Many tears here.) I am so happy for you!!!!

    ReplyDelete